Sunday, September 9, 2012

Documenting a Chinese Opera Part I

This is my first time going up the back stage of a local Opera troupe, all thanks to Eddie for the invitation...
Initially, i was a little worried if they will allow me to go up the back stage but the fear was gone when i met the friendly folks there...
They actually invited us to the backstage.

I chose to shoot in my Mamiya TLR for this session as there wasnt other photographers around and i could take my time to compose the shots...the bellow on the Mamiya for close focusing was pretty handy in the space restricting area.

The Artist putting on make up
戏曲人生

This lady is a Thai chinese... 戏曲人生

戏曲人生

戏曲人生

戏曲人生

The youngest member..(a little pity that i didnt nail the focus well here)
戏曲人生

Views from the stage front..
戏曲人生

I spoke to some of them and was told that this troupe would be gone soon. As the members get older and lesser people appreciating these cultural acts, there is very little chance that this trade get pass down.

Still in developing...my roll of B&W which i will post in my next entry...

Mamiya C220, 80mm f2.8
Kodak Portra 400

No comments:

Post a Comment