Wednesday, November 6, 2013

(Nippon Kogaku) Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 LTM version

As i sold away my Nikon S2 setup, i kept this little nikkor lens in my dry cabinet. Yes, its a LTM version and one lens that i am reluctant to let go. It served my lust for a separate nikkor setup and still provide one of the very best image quality.

I bought this lens in September 2011 but i could not find an entry on this lens in my archival...
As far as i know, this little lens has the same optical spec as the S mount version. As per kenrockwell described, its a 6 elements in 4 groups, symmetrical design with two cemented doublets on each side of the diaphragm, 2 additional single elements in front and back. 8 reversed curved blades

Fit on my leica M2, its tiny..its light and its not easy to change its aperture...
IMG_5552

IMG_5553

Talk about its performance, its an amazing lens with superb IQ

While going thru my dry cabinet, i found this lens in one corner and took it with me to SEA aquarium and in low light condition, i shoot mainly wide open at f2.5.
nikkor 3.5 cm 32

SEA aquariam

SEA aquariam

SEA aquariam

SEA aquariam

Ask me if i will sell away this lens? Definitely no! At a fraction of most lenses price..this lens display a true character for itself. Sharp, high contrast and great tones especially for B&W film shots...

Leica M2, Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 ltm
Kentmere 100 @ 800, HC110

No comments:

Post a Comment